Presently the research activities are taken up under five different themes:
- Assessment of surface water, groundwater and wastewater availability and quality at regional level and to evolve management strategies using Decision Support System (DSS) for matching water supply and demand in agricultural production systems.
- Design, development and refinement of surface and pressurized irrigation systems including small holders’ systems for enhancing water use efficiency and water productivity for different agro-eco systems
- Management of rain water for judicious use and to develop and evaluate groundwater recharge technologies for augmenting groundwater availability under different hydrogeological conditions.
- Basic studies on soil-water-plant-environment relationship under changing scenarios of irrigation water management including wastewater irrigation.
- To evolve management strategies for conjunctive use of surface water, groundwater and wastewater resources for sustainable crop production.