Application of carbofuran 3G @ 1 kg a.i./ha in nursery bed 7 days prior to transplanting and same dose in main-field at 45 DAT proved effective against rice root-knot nematode (Meloidogyne graminicola).
Application of Pseudomonas fluorescens @ 20 g/m2 as nursery bed treatment effectively reduces M.graminicola in rice.
Nursery treatment with carbofuran @ 0.3 g a.i./m2 and soil application of Trichoderma viride @ 2.5 kg/ha at 45 DAT found effective for producing higher grain yield.
Soil solarisation with 25 m sheet for 15 days during May + carbofuran @ 1 kg a.i./ha at 45 DAT found effective against M. graminicola populations in soil.
Seed dressing with carbosulfan 25 DAS @ 3% w/w followed by soil application of carbofuran 3G @ 1 kg a.i./ha proved highly effective against root-knot nematode (Meloidogyne incognita).
- Okra-rice-fallow or okra-cucumber-mustard cropping sequence suppressed soil population of root-knot nematode (M. incognita) in vegetables.
- Soil application of Purpureocillium lilacinum @ 2.5 kg/ha in 2.5 t FYM reduced soil population of M. incognita and enhanced fruit yield of okra.
- Application of biopesticide formulation of P. lilacinum/ Trichoderma harzianum (cfu 2 x 106) as seed treatment @ 20 g/ kg seed + P. lilacinum/ T. harzianum (cfu 2 x 106) @ 2.5 kg along with 2.5 tons of FYM prior to sowing of okra effective for suppressing soil nematode population and enhancing fruit yield.
- P. lilacinum (cfu 2 x 106) @ 50 g/m2 in nursery bed (0.5 ton/ha) + P. lilacinum @ 5 kg along with 2.5 ton of FYM /ha in the main field prior to planting in tomato effective for suppressing soil nematode population and enhancing yield.
Seed treatment with neem seed kernel powder @ 5 g/kg seed + Trichoderma viride @ 5 g/kg seed proved effective against reniform nematode and enhanced seed yield of cowpea.
Soil application of neem cake @ 100 g/m2 + Trichoderma viride @ 2.5 kg/ha found effective against reniform nematode and enhancing yield of cowpea.
Paring + hot water treatment of banana suckers at 55o C for 20 minutes + carbofuran 3G @ 0.5 g a.i./plant + neem cake @1 kg/plant in the pit before planting proved effective for reduction of major phytonematodes and enhancement of fruit yield of banana.
Foliar nematode (Aphelenchoides besseyi) can be effectively managed by adopting following practices:
- Bulbs should be soaked overnight either in plain water or in 5% neem seed kernel extract (home preparation from neem) or dip the bulbs in monocrotophos 36 SL at 0.05% for 6 hours.
- After sprouting of bulbs, spray monocrotophos 36 SL 0.05% 3-4 times at 15 days’ interval.
- In the second and third year crop, spray monocrotophos 36 SL at 0.05% at 15 days’ interval starting from April onwards.
- Clean cultivation of tuberose including destruction of nematode infested plant parts.
- Growing nematode tolerant cultivars Prajwal, Phule Rajani and Shringar of tuberose.