Welcome to AICRP on Plasticulture Engineering and Technology (PET)
The AICRP on Plasticulture Engineering and Technology (PET) was earlier known as AICRP on Application of plastics in agriculture. The project became operational in the year 1988 (VII Plan) by the name of AICRP on Application of plastics in agriculture with plan budget of 32.60 lakhs. Since then the project has given multi folds and by the end of XII plan period, the project was operative at 14 centers including six ICAR Institutes, seven SAUs and one CAU. During XII plan, four new centers were approved and one center was closed (CSKHPKV, Palampur). Budget utilization of AICRP on PET was increased from 32.60 lakhs in 1988 to 278 lakhs in 2016-17.in XIII plan period of 2017-20 the budget of 1201.10 lakh has been approved . At present, the AICRP has five centres in mid-hills of Himalayan regions (Srinagar, Almora, Gangtok, Barapani and Dirang), two centres in northern Indo-gangetic plains (Ludhiana and Abohar), two centers in coastal regions (Junagadh and Bhubaneswar, while Bhubaneswar is devoted fully on fishery aspects), one centre in eastern plateau region (Ranchi), two centres in tropical wet (Matura and Dapoli), one centre in dry climatic region (Raichur) and one in Aravali hills eco-systems (Udaipur).
- Pre and post-harvest management of custard apple,MPUAT, Udaipur 2009
- Polyhouse and plastic lined for Uttarakhand hills,VPKAS, Almora,2015
- Protected structure, water harvesting and gravity feed irrigations for Kashmir valley,SKUAST-K Srinagar,2017
- Package of practices for water melon cultivation under mulching in Saurashtra region,JAU, Junagadh,2013
- Portable FRP Carp Hatchery Technology
- FRP Automatic Fish Feeder
- Shrink wrap packaging of fruits and vegetables ( Kinnow, capsicum and tomato)
- Strawberry cultivation with plastic mulch in semi-arid region to improve soil
- Microclimate and runner propagation.