- STCR prescription equations were used for development of customised fertilisers by M/s NFCL, Hyderabad and M/s Indo Gulf Fertilisers, Uttar Pradesh.
- Developed soil testing protocol for organic farming system including characterization and quantification of microbiologically exploited organic phosphorus pool.
- Provided and is continuing to provide technical backstopping for GoI Soil Health Card Scheme. District wise applicability of fertiliser prescription equations under different agro-ecological regions have been documented and transferred to DAC&FW, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare which was included in the online DSS developed under soil health scheme of Govt. of India (http://soilhealth.dac.gov.in/Report/STRCReport/STCRReport).
- Developed nutrient plan from GPS and GIS based Soil Fertility Maps of 173 districts of India (http://www.iiss.nic.in/districtmap.html). Mobile based bilingual (Marathi and English) STCR App for fertilisers recommendations of Maharashtra was launched which was prepared in collaboration with National Informatics centre (Govt. of India), Pune. Also developed user friendly software for the preparation of Soil Health Card as per Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Govt. of India guidelines for M.P. Odisha and U.P.
- Patent on “Portable Soil Testing Kit for Agricultural and Horticultural Crops”, developed by IGKV, Raipur centre of AICRP (STCR), has been filed vide Patent Application No. 2522/DEL/2015 dated 25-4-2016 and has been published. (http://ipindiaservices.gov.in/ PublicSearch/PublicationSearch/ApplicationStatus).
- Evolved strategies for economizing nutrient application through STCR approach: Economizing phosphorus fertilizers in groundnut through STCR approach in Karnataka; refinement of fertilizer doses for groundnut in Kandhamal, Keonjhar and Deogarh districts of Odisha leading to saving of K fertilisers; developed integrated plant nutrition package involving bioremediation strategies for iron toxicity in lowland rice ecosystem of Assam.
Developed fertiliser prescription equation for hitherto untouched secondary nutrient (sulphur) and under drip fertigation.
|Salient Research Achievements|